20101221

20101218 and 20101221

Well, I worked from Caravaggio's musicians.

I learned some details and an odd thing or two.
It seemed there was a part missing. The cupid on the left unbalance the picture. I did found a copy of this reticular Caravaggio with a little extra centimeters to left. (???) And I noticed that the boy in the middle looked like Buddha (or some oriental Painting). I could not find confirmation about the idea if Caravaggio could have use oriental illustrations for his own work.

I ended my painting after to evenings work.
I wasn't very happy with the result. Although my strokes were loosely and quite transparent it looked as a well tried copy.

I took the left over paint on my palette and threw it on a new cardboard and started the second painting.
The next morning I saw some video on youtube about Cy Twombly. He gave depth to his painting by writing on the canvas. 
I could work with a text by Truman Capote (O.V.O.R.); "His mind was absolutely clear. He was like camera waiting for its subject to enter focus. […] …, he stopped and looked back at the bloodless, descending blue, at the boy he had left behind."
Text was put in and painted over (several times). It was very hard to create the layers I wanted.
This is the second painting I made.
(so much to learn...)



No comments:

Post a Comment