20110628

20110618

On the open day for the KunstLinie in Almere, some members of the painting classes had a chance to show their skills in an open atelier. George had invited some student from a dance group to pose in gipsy styled costumes. I was there and painted one of them. Due to my position I only had good sight at the back of a boy. (with a small bandana with oddly hair parts to it; pirate style)
Some of the visitors of the open day showed their appreciation of the painting a made.
During the next saturday, KlasOpstand, my fellow students and my teacher thought it was the best I made.
Well the stroke of the brush, choice of background color and the composition (I do like the added fantasy roses, as his dream/thoughts) a maybe rather well done but for me it is not were I want to go.
I deliberately painted this gipsy boy as crowd pleaser.
judge for yourself;

No comments:

Post a Comment