20110724

Doodles in a brainstorm


During KlasOpStand the previous year the free, unprejudiced painting seemed to be lost in concept, realism and anatomic correctness.
Now I want to work on spontaneity, the automatic sketching.
I started with painting on music.
See my blog about that. Especially the example; 

I wanted to tackle the subject. I could look at work of other painters like Chagall of Picasso. Or I could take a year and find out more about that year in art, literature, music, politics and myself.
Brainstorming came to 1967. It started with “White Rabbit”. The music was used in a drug sequence in some series I passed during sapping TV. The brainstorm let to Jefferson Airplane, the year 1967, The Summer Of Love, San Francisco, The Mammas and the Pappas, The Doors, The Rolling Stones and various (poster) artists.
Victor Moscoso, Wes Wilson, Robbert Crumb, Stanley Mouse and Rick Griffin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment